Summary: This article outlines the submission requirements for Photographs and Images within blixel Images.
General Requirements #
- The maximum file size is 128 MB.
- Please submit all content as JPEGs or PNGs at the highest resolution/quality.
- Make sure you have the full rights to sell your photographs/images as commercial resale work.
- Photographs/Images that contain an illustration, drawing, or artwork are acceptable.
Visual Requirements for blixel Images #
blixel will review all submitted footage before it is accepted and added to your blixel Marketplace creator store. Any files that do not meet the criteria listed below will NOT be accepted.
- Photographs/Images that represents diverse ethnic group(s) and/or unrepresented groups.
- Photographs/Images in social and professional contexts. Subject matter should be appealing to a wide range of potential users.
- Photographs/images should strive for a high level of commercial value and authenticity with their subject matter.
- Photographs/Images with a strong composition that is well lit and properly exposed.
- Photographs/Images where text or letters are part of the subject are acceptable. For example, a person wearing a short that has text on it, a woman drinking coffee from a cup with text on it, etc.
- When submitting photographs/images from the same photo shoot, please submit the highest quality, unique photos from that shoot. A good rule of thumb is that if the subject is the same, then the following should be different:
- Time of Day
- Facial expression or emotion
DO NOT submit:
- DO NOT submit photographs/images that contains logos, trademarks, copyrighted products/artwork or anything else you don’t have the rights to sell.
- DO NOT submit photographs/images with Mature Content, including:
- DO NOT submit photographs/images that contain sexual content or full nudity.
- DO NOT submit photographs/images that promote violence, sexism, racism, bigotry, etc.
- DO NOT submit photographs/images that contain profanity or explicit language.
- DO NOT submit photographs/images where the composition or surrounding elements distract from the subject, mood, or theme/concept.
- DO NOT submit photographs/images where the subject or environment is overly posed or staged in an unnatural way.
- DO NOT submit photos where people and facial expressions feel fake or do not fit within the scene, mood, or theme/concept.
- DO NOT submit photographs/images that are similar, duplicate or have slight differences
- DO NOT submit images/photographs with overlaid text (text added post-production)
What Should I Include in my Photograph/Image information? #
Provide an accurate and relevant description of your stock photograph/image in your title and tags. The title and tags will help blixel customers find your photographs/images and inform their buying decisions.
The following section outlines the information needed for your submission.
- Titles should be relevant, concise and professional. The title should help the blixel customer understand what your photograph/image is about.
- Titles must use English language characters only
- Titles must not contain brand names or trademarks
Quality tags are important for blixel customers to find your photograph/image when searching on the blixel Marketplace. Tags should accurately describe your photograph/image. A maximum of 15 tags per photograph/image can be used.
- Color: Specify the color tone of your photograph/image, for example – Full Color, Black & White, Monochrome.
- Gender: Specify the gender(s) of the people in your photograph/image. Include ALL applicable gender(s) featured in your photograph/image.
- Age: Specify the age range of the people featured in your photograph/image. Include ALL applicable age(s) of the people featured in your photograph/image.
- Ethnicity: Specify the ethnicity group(s) for people featured in your photograph/image. Include ALL applicable ethnicities of the people featured in your photograph/image.
- Underrepresented Groups: Specify the specific underrepresented group(s) featured in your photograph/image. Include ALL applicable underrepresented group(s) of the people featured in your photograph/image.
Technical Requirements #
- Photographs/images must be RGB formatted
- JPG and PNG files only. We accept 128 MB as the highest file size.
- Photographs/Images should not contain watermarks, date stamps or signatures.
- Make sure your photographs/images are 100% full resolution before submitting and the file can be opened.
Noise and Artifacts
- Photographs/images must be free of excessive noise, grain, and/or discoloration
- Photographs/images must not contain any visible compression artifacts
- Photographs/images must not contain excessive chromatic aberration
- Photographs/images must be free of any sensor spots and/or dust
Composition and Focus
- Photographs/images must have proper framing/composition. DO NOT overly crop photos. However, photos should be cropped to remove any distractions or unwanted elements
- Photographs/images must have proper focus and should not have unintended blurriness or lack of detail.
Lighting and Exposure
- Photographs/images must have proper lighting/exposure. DO NOT submit photos with overly harsh or soft lighting.
- Natural lighting is preferred. Artificial lighting is acceptable if properly used (i.e. studio shots).
- Photographs/images must not contain any harsh, unnatural, unflattering or distracting shadows or reflections.
- Photographs/images must not be underexposed or overexposed.
- Photographs/images must be free of unwanted perspective and/or lens distortion.
- Lens/perspective techniques such as fisheye and tilt-shift are acceptable if they are used to convey an emotion or point of view; they must also fit the style and intent of the shot.
Retouching and Processing
- Use of subtle retouching and processing is acceptable to enhance the clarity, quality, and style of the photograph/image. This includes things like:
- Color correction
- Exposure, contrast, and white balance adjustment
- Subtle sharpening / noise-removal
- Minimal healing/retouching
- HDR processing that enhances the detail in the highlights and shadows
- DO NOT submit photographs/images that have been over-processed/over-corrected.
- DO NOT submit over-stylized, heavily processed, or heavily filtered photographs/images